Thread: Toshiba Series 2 Drive Replacement Help

Toshiba Series 2 Drive Replacement Help

I replaced a dead drive with a pre-formated drive. It seems like I've installed it correctly - except that my brother had already taken out the old drive before I reaplaced it. So I couldn't really see where everything goes. Now there is a black wire with a circle that I can't figure out where it goes. There are similar black wires that come from the front panels (just like this extra one) - and they are screwed to the circuit boards - I cannot figure out where this cord should go! There are no likely places for this ccord to go - no empty screws or anything. Can someone help please?

Last edited by imluna; 02-06-2010 at 03:25 PM.

This is for an SD-H400 btw. someone in another forum said to just screw the cord/wire to the chassis - should it be screwed to the chassis or the circuitboard? Anybody?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Placement of black wire

If you are looking at the front of your tivo, there is a place where the bracket that holds the hard drive screws in near the front left of the tivo. The loop goes under the screw, but on top of the bracket.

I hope that makes sense.

This is my first posting.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot - I'm more stuck on the dvd player not powering up despite the fact that I have replaced my power supply.... no matter what I do I can't get this to work!'

What is it doing or not doing. I am not really a computer or technical person, but I have screwed around inside two SD-H400s and fixed two DVD players inside the Tivos just with my tinkering.