View Poll Results: What platform are you using with your HDHomerun?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC - Windows MCE

12 52.17%
  • PC - SAGE

4 17.39%
  • PC - MYTH

3 13.04%
  • PC - BEYOND TV

2 8.70%
  • PC - ArcSoft Total Media

1 4.35%
  • OTHER

3 13.04%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you an HDHomeRun user, and if so, how are you using it?

Using the HDHomeRun with my custom built Vista Home Premium Media Center PC. I use it to pick up the unencrypted QAM HD channels from my cheap Compast cable TV service... It's a miracle to be able to view these channels perfectly in the MCE interface instead of usin an unreliable OTA HD antenna

panna2000 Guest
    I actually do most of my TV viewing via an Xbox 360 running as an Extender. The QAM HD channels come across great on my modest gigabit LAN. This provides a great viewing experience for my girlfriend and I and comes at a great price considering our low monthly cable bill.The only drawback is the messy guide data in MCE - a lot of my channels report "no data available" despite the HDHomeRun software grabbing all appropriate channel info from zap2it.
    Last edited by panna2000; 10-19-2010 at 07:19 AM.

panna2000 Guest
    I use it for everything video. I have some great programs for converting DVDs to Mpeg files that I can watch on my TV. I have 2 HD TVs. One is 52", 1080i and the other is a 32" 720p. Both have Linksys Media Center Extenders connected to them and I love being able to watch all the content on my computer in HD on my TVs. I am getting about 14 channels in clear quam over cable. About 90% of what I usually watch is available in HD and I have everything scheduled to record